As a condition of the transfer of federally held water licenses associated with Toosey Reservoir Dam to the Tsilhqot’in People of tlesq-ox, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada initiated and funded the rehabilitation of Toosey Reservoir Dam.
Improvements to the dam consisted of works which allowed the Dam to meet the current BC Dam Safety Regulation Standards as well as provide fish passage which did not exist prior to construction of this project.
Works Associated with Toosey Reservoir Dam included the following:
- 8500 cubic metres of dam construction
- 10m wide high flow cast-in-place concrete weir wall
- 250m long riprap armored high flow spillway
- 55m long cast-in-place fish ladder
- Irrigation pumphouse structure and equipment
- 6500 square metres of riprap erosion protection
- Preliminary Design
- Detailed Design
- Procurement Services
- Contract Administration
- Construction Inspection
- Project Management