As a condition of the transfer of federally held water licenses associated with Becher’s Dam to the Tsilhqot’in People of tlesq-ox, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada initiated and funded the rehabilitation of Becher Dam.
Improvements to the dam consisted of works which allowed the Dam to meet the current BC Dam Safety Regulations Standards as well as provide fish passage which did not exist prior to construction of this project.
Works Associated with Becher Dam included the following:
- 10m wide high flow cast-in-place concrete weir wall and spillway
- 43m long cast-in-place fish ladder
- 2.4m wide by 11m long open bottom arch culvert
- 2000 square metres of riprap erosion protection
- Cast-in-place concrete Low level sluice gate and irrigation control structure
- Preliminary Design
- Detailed Design
- Procurement Services
- Contract Administration
- Construction Inspection
- Project Management