About the Opportunity
TRUE is currently seeking a Senior Civil Transportation Technologist to join the Transportation Division of our Kamloops office. This individual’s primary role will involve transportation related design using AutoCAD Civil 3D on a variety of municipal infrastructure and land development projects for our municipal and private sector clients in the BC Southern Interior.
While the specific role will depend on the individual’s experience and interests, some responsibilities may include the following:
- Design (conceptual to detailed) and delivery of transportation related infrastructure using AutoCAD Civil 3D including road design including water/sewer/storm infrastructure plan & profiles, corridor plans, vehicle swept path analysis, signage, pavement marking, railways crossings, etc
- Preparation of text, tables, graphics for technical and planning document inclusion
- Preparation of design (conceptual to detailed) cost estimates
- Leads and/or develops data collection programs, as required
- Works in collaboration to develop and implement municipal capital plans through background data collection, asset management strategies and budget review
- Topographic, construction layout, and as-built survey using Trimble Survey GPS
- Provide support to civil inspectors by conducting periodic field inspections
- Provide GIS support utilizing ESRI software
- Procures and directs subconsultants with respect to quality, timeliness, cost, and completion of required tasks (ie: develops scope of work, reviews proposals and selects consultants, oversees, and approves consultant work)
- Assists with Transportation Division business development and project management through involvement with resourcing, mentoring junior staff, developing client relationships, and quality management
- Working with diverse teams of Professional Engineers, EITs, and technologists
- Travel to project sites within British Columbia.
Kamloops is a vibrant and growing city in the heart of the BC Southern Interior. Located at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers, Kamloops is home to acclaimed outdoor activities including skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and golf. While Kamloops continues to see development and growth, it maintains its small-town hospitality with local entertainment, retailers, breweries, and wineries.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, strengths, and interests:
- Must be a graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program
- Must be registered with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist (or eligible to register)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in transportation engineering in a consulting or municipal environment
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoTURN
- Knowledge of best practices, design principles and theories related to transportation and design
- Knowledge of current Canadian (and BC) design guidelines relating to transportation (TAC, MUTCDC, ITE, BC MoTI, HCM, etc)
- Familiarity with municipal and provincial planning processes and plan hierarchies is an asset
- Experience with MMCD is an asset
- Experience with field inspections is an asset
- Experience in GIS/ESRI software is an asset
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Commitment, energy, and a strong work ethic
- Must have a Class 5 Drivers License.
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton and Trail in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.
Copyright © 2023 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH