About the Opportunity
TRUE is currently seeking a Civil Inspector / Contract Administrator to join our Kamloops office. This individual will lead a team of skilled inspectors and contract administrators through the construction phase of multiple projects while periodically conducting field inspections and contract administration tasks. The position will be supported by our current team of experienced project managers and engineering staff as well as our other senior civil inspector personnel.
While the specific role will depend on the individual’s experience and interests, some responsibilities may
include the following:
- Establish the inspection/testing plan for multiple projects in consultation with the Engineer of Record
- Coordination and scheduling of TRUE’s construction inspection services throughout the construction season.
- Liaising with the Engineer of Record, Contractor and Owner regarding project schedule and construction activities.
- Providing guidance, direction and oversight to the inspection team
- Provide constructability drawing reviews prior to a project being Issued for Construction
- Conduct periodic field inspections of civil construction including roads, water, sanitary, and stormwater
- Review and oversight of TRUE’s formal record keeping process of construction activities including daily reports, weekly reports, and force account records
- Contract Administration of MMCD Contracts including shop drawing review, contemplated change orders, change orders, monthly progress estimates, deficiencies, and holdback releases
- Travel to project sites within British Columbia.
The successful candidate will be based out of TRUE’s Kamloops office. Kamloops is a vibrant and growing city in the heart of the BC Southern Interior. Located at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers, Kamloops is home to acclaimed outdoor activities including skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and golf. While Kamloops continues to see development and growth, it maintains its small-town hospitality with local entertainment, retailers, breweries, and wineries. Our team in Kamloops currently includes eleven Professional Engineers, four EITs, one Professional Planner, three BC Land Surveyors, and over fifteen technologists and other technical staff.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, strengths, and interests:
- Experience in a civil construction or civil engineering environment
- Experience as a civil inspector or contract administrator
- Experience with MMCD is preferred
- Certification as an MMCD Contract Administrator is an asset
- Diploma or degree in Applied Science or Applied Science Technology is an asset
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Commitment, energy and a strong work ethic
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton and Trail in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.