About the Opportunity
TRUE is currently seeking an experienced Field Surveyor to join our Williams Lake office. This individual will report to our legal survey division and will perform all manner of legal and construction survey for our clients in the BC Southern Interior. This individual’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all manner of legal and construction surveys to a high standard
- Make computations of relevant survey data as required
- Liaise with clients and represent the company in a responsible manner
- Manage the data transfer from field to office staff
- Follow and contribute to TRUE’s industry leading safety and quality management procedures
- Working with diverse teams of BC Land Surveyors, Professional Engineers, EITs, and technologists
- Travel to project sites within British Columbia.
Williams Lake is located in the heart of the Cariboo Region and has a population of approximately 11,000, with more than 25,000 in the surrounding area. Only 550 km from Vancouver, Williams Lake offers a large year-round selection of activities including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and water sports on many of the surrounding lakes. Our team in Williams Lake currently includes two Professional Engineers as well as five technologists and other technical staff.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, strengths, and interests:
- Post graduate diploma or degree
- 5+ years of surveying experience with an emphasis on legal surveying
- Competent in understanding and using GNSS, total stations, and levels to perform surveys
- Willingness to travel out of town and long days when required
- Physically fit and able to work on challenging terrain and in all weather conditions
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Commitment, energy and a strong work ethic
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton and Trail in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.
Copyright © 2023 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH