About the Opportunity
TRUE is currently seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to join the Transportation Division of our Kamloops office. This individual will deliver transportation related municipal infrastructure and land development projects for our public and private sector clients in the BC Southern Interior.
While the specific role will depend on the individual’s experience and interests, some responsibilities may include the following:
- Prepares and/or develops transportation related deliverables such as memos, road safety and operational reviews, geometrics and corridor planning, traffic control devices, data analysis including reports, terms of reference, traffic impact assessments, traffic management plans during construction, parking reviews and railway crossing evaluation and design
- Develops and/or works in collaboration to review, update and implement strategic community transportation plans, policies, processes and guidelines
- Provides design (conceptual to detailed), cost estimating and delivery of public and private infrastructure design projects including road rehabilitations and highways, land development, active transportation facilities, transit infrastructure, railway crossings, traffic calming, etc
- Develops and/or works in collaboration to develop and implement municipal capital plans through background data collection, asset management strategies and budget review
- Provides transportation related support to other divisions within TRUE as it relates to both public and private land development projects
- Manages the work of EITs and civil engineering technicians involved in completing transportation related assignments
- Procures and directs subconsultants with respect to quality, timeliness, cost, and completion of required tasks (ie: develops scope of work, reviews proposals and selects consultants, oversees and approves consultant work)
- Assists with Transportation Division business development and project management through involvement with resourcing, mentoring junior staff, developing client relationships, and quality management
- Travel to project sites within British Columbia.
Kamloops is a vibrant and growing city in the heart of the BC Southern Interior. Located at the confluence of the North and South Thompson Rivers, Kamloops is home to acclaimed outdoor activities including skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and golf. While Kamloops continues to see development and growth, it maintains its small-town hospitality with local entertainment, retailers, breweries, and wineries.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, strengths, and interests:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be registered as a ‘Professional Engineer’ or ‘Engineer-in-Training’ with EGBC (or eligible for registration)
- Ideal candidates have between 3-10 years of experience in transportation engineering in a consulting or municipal environment
- Considerable knowledge of engineering best practices, design principles and theories related to transportation and design
- Considerable knowledge of current Canadian (and BC) design guidelines relating to transportation (TAC, MUTCDC, ITE, BC MoTI, HCM, BC MoTI TMM, etc)
- Familiarity with municipal and provincial planning processes and plan hierarchies is an asset;
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D, and ESRI are an asset
- Proficiency in use of Synchro / SimTraffic software, as well as familiarity with SIDRA / VISSIM / VISUM / EMME is desirable
- Familiarity with asset management principles is an asset
- Strong communication (written and verbal), customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate with stakeholders, project participants and partners, special interest groups, the media, the general public, elected officials, internal and external clients and consultants
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate project teams
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Commitment, energy, and a strong work ethic
- Must have a Class 5 Drivers License.
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton and Trail in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.
Copyright © 2023 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH