About the Opportunity
TRUE is currently seeking an Intermediate Civil Mechanical Technician to join our Penticton office. This individual’s primary role will involve drafting and modeling using AutoCAD Civil 3D on a variety of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects for our municipal and private sector clients in the province of British Columbia.
While the specific role will depend on the individual’s experience and interests, some responsibilities may include the following:
- Drafting and modeling to prepare detailed civil construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D including creation of earthworks, site grading plans and plans and profiles.
- Drafting and modelling mechanical piping systems and components for water and wastewater infrastructure using AutoCAD Civil 3D or Revit including pump stations, reservoirs, valve chambers and treatment plants.
- Integrating Revit and Civil 3D models to produce a unified set of drawings
- Working alongside design team throughout design and construction
- Working with diverse teams of Professional Engineers, EITs, and technologists
Penticton is a unique Town that is situated between two beautiful lakes – Okanagan & Skaha Lake – and has an abundant selection of wineries, craft breweries, cideries, and boutique distilleries within 20 minutes of town. Penticton is a great place for outdoor activities all year round with numerous beaches, golf courses, mountain biking, and hiking in the summer. For winter activities Apex Mountain is approximately a 45min drive and offers skiing, snowboarding, and family activities. The South Okanagan Event Center in the heart of Penticton is a premier sports and entertainment venue which brings world class events to Penticton and is home to the BCHL Junior ‘A’ ice hockey team Penticton Vees.
- Minimum five years experience in a civil engineering technology role, preferably with mechanical piping design
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program
- Registered or eligible to register with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency with Revit
- Strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with the BC Plumbing Code
- Goal and detail oriented with ambition for continuous improvement and increased responsibility
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Ability to meet deadlines and work efficiently and professionally on multiple projects simultaneously
- Committed, eagerness to learn, dependable and willingness to work extra hours when necessary
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Trail and most recently Penticton in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Intermediate Civil/Mechanical Technician – Penticton.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Copyright © 2024 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH