About the Opportunity
Join TRUE, the go-to team for emergency flood response in the BC Interior! We have been the first call for clients grappling with flooding, leading to a diverse range of hydro-technical projects. From policy development to hands-on design, construction, and operation in both riverine and urban settings, TRUE is at the forefront of solving complex water-related challenges in a changing climate. The candidate’s water expertise is crucial in mitigating flood risks at a community level and shaping the future of our Water Resources Department.
- Career Advancement: Align with TRUE’s 2030 Vision, envision yourself leading and managing our Water Resources Department
- Project Diversity: Engage in hydraulic assessments, technical design, bioengineering, construction support services, and more, tailored to your interests.
- Mentorship Opportunity: Work closely with experienced hydrotechnical engineers while contributing to the mentorship of junior staff.
- Collaborative Environment: Collaborate with a team that supports multiple perspectives and that applies a practical application of science.
- Technical Diversity: Assist in providing technical leadership, developing client relationships, and maintaining quality standards.
- BC’s Beauty at Your Fingertips: With offices in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton, and Trail, enjoy a lower cost of living and endless recreational opportunities amidst stunning landscapes.
- Experience: 5-15 years of relevant professional experience
- Professional Qualifications: Professional Engineer with EGBC (or eligible) – EIT designation considered.
- Technical Proficiency: Fundamental understanding of hydraulics, hydrology, and hydrotechnical design.
- Versatility: Experience in riverine and/or urban drainage environments.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving: Ability to define problems, prioritize tasks, and maintain a community-driven perspective.
- Innovative Spirit: Genuine curiosity, a desire to innovate, and expand personal and company knowledge.
- Community Impact: Work with small local government clients, guiding projects that bring meaningful change to communities.
- All about the Team: A family-feel atmosphere within a team of approximately 70 employees
- Relationship-based Culture: Our People, Client Service, and Integrity are our core values. We believe in TRUE relationships.
- Benefits to Complement Your Lifestyle: Competitive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, health and wellness benefits, philanthropy initiatives, and flexible work arrangements.
If you’re ready to contribute your expertise and be a part of a dynamic team, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Hydrotechnical Engineer”.
Join us at TRUE and be the driving force behind transformative water solutions.
Copyright © 2023 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH