About the Opportunity
TRUEis currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our Penticton office. This individual’s primary role will involve design using AutoCAD Civil 3D on a variety of municipal infrastructure and land development projects for our municipal and private sector clients in the BC Southern Interior.
While the specific role will depend on the individual’s experience and interests, some responsibilities may include the following:
- Design of civil infrastructure using AutoCAD Civil 3D including earthworks, site grading, road design, water/sewer/storm infrastructure design.
- Topographic survey and construction layout using Trimble Survey GPS
- Provide support to civil inspectors by conducting periodic field inspections
- Working with diverse teams of Professional Engineers, EITs, and technologists
- Travel to project sites within British Columbia.
Penticton is a unique Town that is situated between two beautiful lakes – Okanagan & Skaha Lake – and has an abundant selection of wineries, craft breweries, cideries, and boutique distillers within 20minutes of town. Penticton is great place for outdoor activities all year around with numerous beaches, golf courses, mountain biking, and hiking in the summer. For winter activities Apex Mountain is approximately a 45min drive that has a lot to offer for skiing, snowboarding, and family activities. The Penticton office recently opened in March of 2021 and currently have two team members while actively looking to grow.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, strengths, and interests:
- Experience in a civil engineering technology role, preferably in municipal infrastructure
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program
- Registered or eligible to register with ASTTBC as an Applied Science Technologist
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with MMCD is an asset
- Experience with field inspections is an asset
- Experience in GIS/ESRI software is an asset
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills
- An outgoing, positive personality with client-driven perspective
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Commitment, energy and a strong work ethic
- Class 5 Drivers License is required
TRUE has provided engineering, land surveying and planning consulting services to our municipal, First Nation and private clients throughout the interior of British Columbia since 1986. We now have offices strategically located in Williams Lake, Kamloops, Penticton and Trail in order to efficiently support our clients. We are committed to the long-term success of our clients and strive to deliver professional service with a focus on creative and practical solutions. At TRUE, our core values are Our People, Client Service, and Integrity.
As a growing and evolving company, we realize that our team is our biggest and most valuable asset. Since 1986, TRUE’s family-feel has highlighted who we are and our core values. We take pride in being a fun and rewarding place to work, even at the busiest times. Our management team is flexible and supportive, recognizing that maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle is critical to the success of each staff member.
Beyond our office culture, we aim to stay competitive and share our successes with our staff through attractive salaries, extended health and dental coverage, vacation time, paid overtime, profit sharing, RRSP matching, annual health & wellness benefit, and flexible work arrangements.
Copyright © 2023 TRUE Consulting Ltd. | Site by FRESH